Friday, October 5, 2007

Week 3 Thing 5: Advent of the Avatar

I've been playing a bit with a digital camera in a desultory way over the last year. Not much, just taking some photos of my folks, a few nature images, the cat, my husband; primarily creating memory markers or wallpaper images. Flickr is going to change the way I think about taking pictures, though, and I expect I'll be taking quite a few more this year than I ever have in the past. My adventures there have already shown me how much can be done with a little light, a little Picasa, and some imagination.

Here is an image from a set my husband took of our cat, Hunter. She was almost feral when we adopted her a few years ago, but as you can see, she's settled in to near-domesticity. I like the color contrasts he achieved in the image, and the way she seems so unimpressed by the camera.

Following online photo etiquette, I really ought to ask her before posting her pictures, but when I attempt to broach the subject she just flicks her tail and refuses to answer. I have settled on getting the photographer's permission.

No comments: