Monday, December 3, 2007

Week 7 Thing 17: Playing in the Sandbox

I went to the PLCMC Sandbox wiki and added my blog to the list. It was a little confusing, since there were a number of headers, but none for SCPL. I just added mine to the "General" list, and I hope that was correct.
Adding favorites is always enjoyable. I added the following entry to the favorite books page:
There are so many books I love, I've learned to think "favorite of the moment" instead of permanent favorites. Right at this moment, I'm remembering a book which will always have a special place in my heart; The Hot Jazz Trio by William Kotzwinkle. There are a number of lovely, surrealist tales in the book, but the best of them all is "Django Reinhardt Plays the Blues". It is a stunning display of his skill at creating unique images full of mystery and beauty, and along with "Blues on the Nile" is one of my very favorite stories ever written. Unfortunately, it's a bit hard to find.

If I had a lot more time to spend on this exercise, I think I would like to read through everyone else's favorite entries from SCPL. It's a great way to get local recommendations. As it is probably the most I'll get out of it is a little practice at a group wiki (which I'm already getting at the SCPL 2.0 wiki and my family wiki) and the opportunity to see how huge the group learning 23 Things has grown. Oh, and being reminded of one of my all-time favorite books, of course.

No comments: