Friday, September 21, 2007

Week 2 Thing 3: Blogging the Habit

So here I am at the last part of week 2, where I need to blog about the "7 1/2 habits" podcast I listened to in Thing 2. The instructions ask which habits of lifelong learning I find easiest, and which hardest.
Probably the easiest for me is accepting responsibility for my own learning, habit #2. Though 7.5 isn't much of a challenge. (Play!) I really enjoy investigating new things and exploring creative possibilities, so learning is something I really can't help doing. If I waited to be taught all the time, I'd be going crazy with pent-up curiosity.
The hardest is really staying focussed on my particular goal, rather than a general mashup of interests and oportunities. So habit #1 is probably the one that is the biggest challenge. I am somewhat easily distracted by shiny new buttons and links. To overcome that, I think I should probably spend a few minutes a week just reviewing my purposes in participating in the 23 Things.

No comments: